Posted on: 19 October 2015
It's football season. Time to get ready for the games and the parties. Whether you watch the game at home or head to the stadium, tailgate parties are an important part of any football game. Tailgate parties don't have to be extravagant, but they do need to include lots of delicious food and plenty of cold beverages. Here are five food and beverage ideas that will make your tailgate party a fan favorite.
Single-Serving Bean Dip Cups
You know your guests aren't going to sit in one place during the entire football game. Make it easier for your guests to eat and mingle with other guests by creating single-serving bean dip cups.
Supplies You'll Need
- 8 ounce plastic cups
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Begin by placing one spoonful of beans at the bottom of each cup.
- Next, add one scoop each of sour cream and guacamole.
- Repeat by adding another layer each of the beans, sour cream and guacamole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each cup.
- Serve with tortilla chips
If you're trying to avoid serving boring sandwiches at your next tailgate party, try these mini football sandwiches. Use sandwich rolls to make your favorite sandwiches. Next, you'll make the footballs.
Supplies You'll Need
- Brown construction paper
- White craft paint
- Small craft paintbrush
- Cut your construction paper into 3" wide strips.
- Paint football stitching down the middle of the paper strip.
- Wrap the strips around your sandwiches and secure them with a piece of tape.
- You now have football sandwiches for your guests.
Your party won't be complete without the beer. Don't settle for those ordinary big-brewery beers for your tailgate party. Instead, include a variety of craft beers for your guests to choose from. Craft beers provide you a distinctive taste that are unique to small, independent breweries. Craft beers come in a wider assortment of flavors, which means you'll be able to give your guests the opportunity to enjoy new tastes.
Football games aren't just about the football. They're about about gathering with friends and having fun. If you're planning on having tailgate parties this season, you want them to be the best parties ever. Luckily, you don't have to stress-out over the planning. The ideas listed above will help you throw the perfect football season tailgate party without all the work and stress.Share